READING MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS
This Scholarship is for Graduate Study in any subject at either Masters or Doctoral level at the University of Reading and will be for up to two years (with a possibility of a third year for doctoral studies). If awarded a Reading Marshall Scholarship candidates would be expected to study at the University of Reading.
The following Information has been provided by the University of Reading.
The University of Reading was founded in 1892 and received its Royal Charter in 1926. It is now in the top 200 universities in the world, and has more than 20,000 students from around 150 countries enrolled. 94% of its graduates are in work or further study within six months of graduating.
We offer a wide range of programmes from the pure and applied sciences to languages, humanities, social sciences, business and arts. New research and the latest thinking continually feed into our teaching, with our academic staff working at the forefront of their fields of expertise, and we remain one of the most popular higher education choices in the UK.
- Joint 188th worldwide and 28th in the UK in the QS World University Rankings 2019
- Our diverse community of postgraduate students benefit from excellent career prospects, a thriving graduate community and a dedicated Graduate School.
- Home to over 5,950 taught postgraduate students (29% of our student body), from 123 countries
- 94% of our taught postgraduates are in work or study within six months of graduating (Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education, DLHE 2015/16)
- Of our taught postgraduates in work, 96% are in professional or managerial positions within six months of graduating (DLHE 2015/16)
- 86% student satisfaction rate, which is above the sector average (Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2017)
- 98% of the University's research is of international standing (according to the most recent Research Excellence Framework exercise, 2014)
The main Whiteknights campus and London Road campus are situated close to Reading’s town centre and are just 30 minutes from London Paddington by train. Whiteknights campus is located on 130 hectares of parkland, earning its eighth consecutive Green Flag Award in 2018. The University’s Students’ Union is also rated in the top five students’ unions in the UK.
Reading has a global presence, with two overseas campuses – including the University of Reading Malaysia – and links with organisations in nearly 50 countries.
Located between London and Oxford on the River Thames, Reading is a historic town with a population of 163,000. The town lies in the south east of England and allows easy access from London's Heathrow and Gatwick airports.
Services for International Students
The University of Reading is home to more than 5,000 international students.
- Dedicated help from an international student adviser
- In-country briefings and advice before students leave home
- Meet-and-greet service at London Heathrow airport
- Visa support from dedicated immigration advisers on campus
- Clubs and societies to help international students feel more at home in the UK
University accommodation at Reading is safe and secure, and rent prices are all-inclusive, meaning that utility bills and WiFi are included. University-owned halls of residence provide more than 5,000 rooms and all accommodation is either on or within a 15-minute walk of the main Whiteknights campus or London Road campus.
Rooms come in a variety of styles and sizes, including studios, rooms in catered halls, self-catered en-suites and shared bathroom options, and there is a wide range of study, domestic and social facilities available.
For further information
For further information about our courses please visit: http://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-study/study.aspx