GLASGOW MARSHALL SCHOLARSHIPS
This Scholarship is for Graduate Study in any subject at either Masters or Doctoral level at the University of Glasgow and will be for up to two years (with a possibility of a third year for doctoral studies). If awarded a Glasgow Marshall Scholarship candidates would be expected to study at the University of Glasgow.
The following Information has been provided by the University of Glasgow.
The University of Glasgow is one of the UK’s oldest and most prestigious seats of learning, and is the fourth oldest university in the English speaking world. Established in 1451, the University of Glasgow is recognised internationally for its ground-breaking work and has inspired thinkers from eminent scientist Lord Kelvin to the father of economics Adam Smith.
• Is ranked joint 69th in the world and was the first UK university to be rated as 5 Stars Plus overall (QS World University Rankings 2019)
• Is ranked joint 93rd in the world by the Times Higher World University Rankings 2019 • welcomes students from more than 140 countries worldwide
• Has around 28,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students
• Is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK research universities
• Is ranked 1st in the Russell Group for teaching (NSS 2018)
• Is a founding member of Universitas 21, an international grouping of universities dedicated to setting worldwide standards for higher education Top ranked subjects in the UK (2019 Complete University Guide)
• Education, Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine & Nursing – Top 1 in the UK
• Law & Accounting and Finance –Top 2 in the UK
• Medicine and Civil Engineering – Top 3 in the UK
• Electronic and Electrical Engineering – Top 5 in the UK
No matter how far you travel to join us, we’ll help you feel at home. Glaswegians are famed for their friendliness and we have a team of specialist staff dedicated to your needs. From before you begin your journey to Glasgow, we work hard to make sure that when you arrive, you’ll have the best experience possible.
International student orientation programme
Our orientation programme provides information on our excellent services as well as some sessions on life in Glasgow. You will get the chance to meet fellow students at an evening social event and take part in a city bus tour. We also have a welcome team who can meet you on arrival at Glasgow Airport. For details, see glasgow.ac.uk/international/support
International Student Support
The International Student Advisers can help you with the practical aspects of living and studying in Glasgow. Our advisers aim to give sympathetic, confidential and practical help on a wide range of matters as quickly as possible; they also organise regular workshops and a wide range of activities. For more information, see glasgow.ac.uk/ international/support
Student Services on campus include:
• Careers • Student Services Enquiry Team
• International Student Support
• Counselling & Disability
• Sport & Recreation
• Financial Aid • GP Surgery
• Two Students’ Unions
• Student Representative Council
• GU Sports Association
• Over 250 clubs & societies
• 4 Award winning student media clubs and theatre groups, world championship debating, charity events, volunteering and much much more.
• 15,000 members & over 50 different sports clubs
• 2 purpose-built facilities open 7 days a week
• 6-lane 25m heated pool; sauna & steam room; fitness suite; squash courts; six grass & 2 all-weather pitches; cricket oval & tennis courts
• Cross-country, mountain climbing, American Football, cycling, surfing, snowboarding & more!
- 3,500 beds in University student accommodation (~2,500 UG & ~1,000 PG):
- Guaranteed in year 1 for all international applicants (apply by deadline)
- 7 UG and 4 PG sites in Glasgow
- 24hr management/living support staff
- Internet/WiFi & laundry facilities
- Communal social areas
- Free Sports Facilities membership
World changing expansion
Our £1 billion programme of investment is the most significant expansion and development of a UK university city campus for over a century.
- Large interdisciplinary research spaces that offer flexibility and stimulate collaboration.
- Modern study spaces that will combine study and social learning space with multi-styled and technology-enabled teaching.
The city of Glasgow
- Is the UK’s third largest city and one of the world’s top student cities
- Has a lively nightlife with more than 700 bars, pubs and nightclubs and seven cinemas
- Is the UK’s first UNESCO City of Music, host to around 130 music events every week.
- Is consistently voted as the top place to shop in the UK, outside London’s West End
- Is home to over 90 parks and public gardens.
- Has more than 20 museums and art galleries including the Riverside Museum
- Has excellent transport links with two international airports
For further information
Postgraduate opportunities at the University of Glasgow, please visit: http://www.glasgow.ac.uk/postgraduate
For more information provided by the University of Glasgow, please visit: https://www.gla.ac.uk/international/country/usa/
For the University of Glasgow website please visit: http://www.gla.ac.uk