SOAS Marshall Scholarship
This Scholarship is for Graduate Study in any subject at either Masters or Doctoral level at SOAS and will be for up to two years (with a possibility of a third year for doctoral studies). If awarded a SOAS Marshall Scholarship candidates would be expected to study at SOAS.
SOAS University of London is the leading Higher Education institution in Europe specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East.
SOAS is a remarkable institution. With our vast repository of knowledge and expertise on our specialist regions, we are uniquely placed to inform and shape current thinking about the economic, political, cultural, security and religious challenges of our world. Our programmes are taught by respected academics engaged in fieldwork and research which influences government policy and the lives of individuals across the globe. SOAS scholars grapple with the pressing issues confronting two-thirds of humankind today: democracy, development, economy, finance, public and corporate policy, human rights, migration, identity, legal systems, poverty, religion, and social change.
- 6,200 undergraduate and postgraduate students studying on campus
- 3,000+ students registered on distance and online programmes
- 54% of our students are International/EU students with 46% from UK
- 300+ academics provide the largest concentration of specialist staff engaged in the study of Africa, Asia and the Middle East
- 350+ undergraduate degree combinations
- 115 postgraduate programmes
- 5 million items in the SOAS Library
- 55:45 ratio of undergraduates to postgraduates
- 24% mature students
- 90% satisfaction with teaching, the highest in London
- 3:1, our student-staff ratio is one of the best in the UK
- Ranked in the Global Top 50 Arts and Humanities QS World Ranking 2020
- Ranked 3rd in the world for peace, justice and strong institutions
- Ranked 6th in the World for Development Studies, QS World Ranking 2020
- Ranked 13th in the World for Anthropology, QS World Ranking 2020
- Ranked 18th in the World for Politics, QS World Ranking 2020
- Ranked 19th in UK for Law, QS World Ranking 2020
- Ranked 1st in London for Business and Management, Guardian University League Table 2020
- SOAS is home to one of only 5 National Research Libraries in the UK, which houses the largest collection of East Asian resources in Europe and one of the largest collections for Middle Eastern and Central Asia.
SOAS is one of London’s top universities, with a friendly, cosmopolitan community of students. With everything you need in one place, including a student hub in the North Block of the iconic Senate House, it’s not surprising our students describe SOAS as ‘a home from home’.
Located in central London, SOAS is a short walk from many of London’s bars, cafes and world-famous social and cultural sights. The SOAS campus includes internationally recognised buildings like our Brunei Gallery, Japanese Rooftop Garden and a UK top-five library facility.
You’ll find making friends at SOAS easy by joining any of a wide range of sports, societies, events and student-led clubs. At SOAS University of London, you’ll study in a lively and international environment, where you will have the opportunity to excel in the subjects you already love, and in others that are just waiting for you to discover them.
One of the most cosmopolitan and diverse cities in the world, there is always something happening within easy reach of SOAS
London was rated the best student city in the world in the 2019 QS World University Rankings.
There are 350,000 students in London studying at 40+ institutions, 300+ Languages spoken, 17,000 music performances played in a year at over 300 venues, 250+ festivals and over 170 galleries and museums to visit.
Home to over 1 million businesses plus well over 200 large public sector organisations, great place for networking and work experience
https://www.soas.ac.uk/admissions/ - Study At SOAS University of London
https://www.soas.ac.uk/international/ - International Students at SOAS University of London
https://www.soas.ac.uk/soas-life/ - Life at SOAS University of London
https://www.soas.ac.uk/usa/ - Information for Students from the US
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwlZZGmE1e_6PI2e-HOPOQw - SOAS University of London You Tube
https://www.instagram.com/soasuni/ - SOAS University of London Instagram
https://www.facebook.com/soasunioflondon - SOAS University of London Facebook